By Steven Petusevsky
Director of Culinary Innovation
Pasta with White Beans, Greens and Lemon
- 1 pound uncooked orecchiette (“little ears” pasta)
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups trimmed arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 [1-ounce] package)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place pasta in a large bowl; drizzle with oil, tossing to coat.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Add pasta mixture, tomatoes, pepper, and beans; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in arugula, basil, rind, juice, and salt; cook 1 minute or until arugula wilts. Spoon 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture into each of 6 shallow bowls; top each serving with 2 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts and 2 teaspoons cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.