By Steven Petusevsky
Director of Culinary Innovation
Open-Faced Apple Tahini Sandwich
Stuck on a boring lunch? Give this deliciously easy sandwich a try!
- 1 tablespoon peanut, cashew or almond butter
- 2 slices whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Spread peanut, cashew or almond butter onto each slice of bread. Arrange apple slices on top and drizzle with tahini and maple syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon and transfer to a toaster oven on a small baking sheet. Toast on high until hot then serve.